Three Wishes

I won't be able to make it to the Mission Creek Greenway  on St. Paddy's day so I'm posting the monthly tree photo a day early.  It seems the wood faeries have struck again, or perhaps this month it's the leprechauns.  

Many people believe that if you catch a leprechaun, he has to tell you where his pot of gold is - I think that comes more from the ad for Lucky Charms than true leprechaun folk-lore. Today on Radio West I learned that in fact if you catch a leprechaun he must grant you three wishes.

The Radio West reporters went around the valley asking people what their three wishes would be and it was heartening to hear the simple needs that people have.  Things like health, happiness and peace, money, a job you love, a house, "a few more years for my mom", a canoe and my favourite "honey bees".  

What would you wish for if you had three wishes?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom